President-elect Joe Biden announced his picks for senior White House staff last week(11/17/20), including seven campaign aids and longtime advisors who will now hold top positions in Biden’s administration. Here is the list:
- Ron Klain: White House Chief of Staff – Previously the Senior Advisor for Joe Biden’s run for president this year.
- Jen O’Mally Dillon: Deputy Chief of Staff – Previously the campaign manager for Joe Biden’s run for president this year.
- Cedric Richmond: Senior Advisor to the President – Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Louisiana’s 2nd district.
- Steve Ricchetti: Counselor to the President – Previously served as Chief of Staff to Biden when he was Vice President under the Obama administration and was the Deputy for Operations under President Bill Clinton.
- Mike Donilon: Senior Advisor to the President – Previously served as Counselor to Biden when he was Vice President under the Obama administration.
- Annie Tomasini: Director of Oval Office Operations
- Dana Remus: Counsel to the President – Previously served as Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy Counsel for Ethics under the Obama administration.
- Julie Rodriguez: Director of White House of Intergovernmental Affairs – Previously the Senior Advisor for Latino Outreach
Joe Biden 2020 presidential campaign as senior advisor for Latino outreach Joe Biden’s as he ran for president this year.
Upcoming President Joe Biden said he was proud to announce members of his senior staff. He went on to say that America is facing challenges and that diverse perspectives are needed to tackle these challenges to become a stronger nation. According to ABC, these seven senior staff members are joining White House Chief of Staff, Ron Klain, next year. Klain says he feels confident about this team, saying that they have assembled this team to meet all the challenges our country is facing. Diversity is important to President-elect Joe Biden and he believes his choices for White House senior staff reflect that.