The 95th Academy Awards It was an event hosted by Jimmy Kimmel at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, California. Having hosted the Oscar Awards thrice (2017 and 2018), Kimmel had a great day at work.
With 11 nominations, Everything Everywhere All At Once got 11 nominations. Luckily, with such nominations, the film went on to win 7 awards! Some of the best wins included best directing and best picture.
Brendan Fraser won the Best Actor Oscar for a leading role in The Whale, with Michelle Yeoh winning the best actress in a leading role-playing Everything Everywhere All At Once.
Everything Everywhere All At Once also highlighted the event, with Ke Huy Quan winning the best supporting actor. Jamie Lee Curtis took the day off winning the best supportive actress in the same film!
Daniel Kwan, Daniel, and Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio snatched the limelight, winning their respective categories.
All the winners of this years Academy Awards are as follows:
- Best Picture — Everything Everywhere All at Once
- Best Director — Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert for Everything Everywhere All at Once
- Best Actor — Brendan Fraser – The Whale
- Best Actress — Michelle Yeoh – Everything Everywhere All at Once
- Best Supporting Actor — Ke Huy Quan – Everything Everywhere All at Once
- Best Supporting Actress — Jamie Lee Curtis – Everything Everywhere All at Once
- Best Original Screenplay — Everything Everywhere All at Once
- Best Adapted Screenplay — Women Talking
- Best Animated Feature Film — Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio
- Best International Feature Film — All Quiet on the Western Front
- Best Documentary Feature — Navalny
- Best Documentary Short Subject — The Elephant Whisperers
- Best Live Action Short Film — An Irish Goodbye
- Best Animated Short Film — The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
- Best Original Score — All Quiet on the Western Front – Volker Bertelmann
- Best Original Song — “Naatu Naatu” from RRR
- Best Sound — Mark Weingarten, James H. Mather, Al Nelson, Chris Burdon, and Mark Taylor
- Best Production Design — All Quiet on the Western Front
- Best Cinematography — All Quiet on the Western Front – James Friend
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling — The Whale – Adrien Morot, Judy Chin, and Anne Marie Bradley
- Best Costume Design — Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Ruth E. Carter
- Best Film Editing — Everything Everywhere All at Once – Paul Rogers
- Best Visual Effects — Avatar: The Way of Water – Joe Letteri, Richard Baneham, Eric Saindon, and Daniel Barrett